For multi-user accounts this article sets out the different methods for providing Buying Buddy support to Users who want their own website.
Specifically, how a User's Website can include Buying Buddy widgets.
There are three options:
- Add additional authorized websites in the main account and then assign a CRM User to a website (most common approach).
- Where a User has their own separate personal Buying Buddy account, they may "link" their User Profile to your main Account.
- For Blue Fire Sites Hosted Websites only, the Express Site feature can provide Users with an automatically generated sub-domain Express Site
Assigning Users to Websites
If your account has multiple Authorized websites, then CRM Users may be assigned to one or more of these websites.
Users still remain part of the main account, however, this feature allows Agents to have their own Website (as well as being able to work with leads in their Buying Buddy account).
When a User is ASSIGNED to a Website in an Account
- Visitors will only see the assigned Agent and their details on any widgets,
- Any leads generated from that website will be assigned to the User (regardless of any other settings).
So this approach is similar to the Agent having their own personal- and separate-Buying Buddy account, but in this case, the website and leads are all managed from within the main Account, and at lower cost.
Remember! IDX and MLS-compliance rules still apply.
The following TABLE compares having your OWN personal Buying Buddy account with the two options available with this feature:
|Feature||Own Account||Assigned Website||Express Site|
|Agent has full CRM capability||YES||YES||YES|
|Leads are assigned to Agent||YES||YES||YES|
|Agent has exclusive ownership of leads||YES||no||no|
|Agent can control their own lead capture settings||YES||no||no|
|Agent can customize widgets||YES||YES||no|
|Leads sign up on Agents website and are always directed back (through property alerts etc) to the same site||YES||YES||YES|
|Automatically generated sub-domain website||no||no||YES|
|Main Website must be hosted by Blue Fire Group||no||no||YES|
|Function can be turned on for each Agent by Account Admin||no||no||YES|
|Create your own main website and agent websites||YES||YES||no|
|IDX Agreements Required for Agent's website||YES||Depends on MLS||Depends on MLS|
|Agent can install Buying Buddy on their own WordPress or HTML site||YES||YES||no|
Considerations for Authorized Websites
- Agents must be licensed Buying Buddy CRM Users / Agents
- Authorized Website's domain can be unique or a sub-domain.
The domain will need to be approved for IDX.
(Sub-domain websites may already be approved under the main IDX agreement for your your MLS)
In addition to the main account license for each Agent as a CRM User, the following license fees will apply:
- Extra Authorized Websites in your account
- Where IDX agreements are required, additional MLS IDX passthrough fees may apply, depending on your MLS
Setup / Installation
- Once a website is approved for IDX it will be added to your account as an Authorized Website
- Installation follows the normal process for a WordPress or non-WordPress site.
Buying Buddy plugin can be installed on the Authorized Website, which then supports all the Buying Buddy Widgets.
Considerations for Express Sites
The Express Site feature is ONLY available for Blue Fire Sites hosted websites as an extra feature. The main website must be hosted by Blue Fire Group.
Account Admins can manage which Agents get this feature. The Express Site gives Users/Agents a standard template sub-domain website.
The Express Site feature needs to enabled for your Account.
In addition to the main account license for each CRM User/Agent, the following license fees will apply:
- Express Site account service
- Additional MLS IDX surcharge / pass-through fees may be applicable depending on your MLS and local IDX rules
Setup / Installation
- This feature must be first enabled on the Account
- Once this is enabled on your account, the process of allowing CRM Users/Agents to have sub-domain sites is managed by the Account Admin.