WordPress Widgets are WordPress Plugins that add visual and interactivity options and features to your website, such as sidebar widgets for post categories, tag clouds, navigation, search, etc..
This feature only applies to WordPress sites hosted by Blue Fire Group.
You can add/edit/remove WordPress widgets from the sidebar or footer on your website using an easy to use drag and drop interface. You can access the Widget Management area from the WordPress Admin by following the instructions below.
[alert type="error" icon="true" close="no" text="WARNING! Be careful when updating existing widgets. There is no UNDO button or any way to revert to a previous version of a widget. There may be a fee involved for Blue Fire Group to have to restore lost content."]
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to:
Appearance / Widgets
- Choose a Widget and drag it to the sidebar where you wish it to appear. You can choose to add a widget to the Homepage Sidebar or the Page Sidebar. Once in place, WordPress will automatically display this widget on your live website.
- To arrange the Widgets within the sidebar or Widget area, click and drag it into place.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the upper right corner to expand the Widget's interface.
- To save the Widget's customization, click Save.
- To remove the Widget, click Remove or Delete.
Using Text Widgets
The Text Widget is one of the most commonly used WordPress Widgets. It allows users to add text, video, images, custom lists, and more to their WordPress sites.
To use the WordPress Text Widget:
- In the admin panel of your WordPress dashboard, navigate to:
Appearance / Widgets
- Open the Homepage sidebar, or Page Sidebar to which you wish to add the Text Widget.
- Find the Text Widget in the list of Widgets.
- Click and drag the Widget to the spot you wish it to appear.
To open and edit the Text Widget:
- Click the down arrow to the right of the Text Widget title.
- Set the Text Widget Title (optional).
- Add the text or HTML code to the box or edit what is currently there.
- Choose the option to Automatically add paragraphs to wrap each block of text in an HTML paragraph tag (recommended for text).
- Click Save to save the Text Widget.
- Click Close to close the Text Widget.
- Switch tabs in your browser and preview the results and make changes if necessary.