The two required Foundation Pages form the 'backbone' of your Buying Buddy IDX widget system in your website.
The webpage URLs of the Foundation Pages are part of your widget and account configuration (see below on how to set this up).
NOTE: The names of the Buying Buddy widgets all start with "MBBv3_" - do not be concerned about "v3" as this is simply a naming convention and has nothing to do with the plugin version or anything else!
These 2 separate Foundation Pages contain the 2 core widgets that establish the operational foundation of the Buying Buddy service in your website:
- A RESULTS page, on which you must place (only) the "Search Results" widget that will display results
e.g. www/mydomain.com/results or www.mydomain.com/results.html - any page name is OK
- A PROPERTY DETAILS page on which you place (only) the "Property Detail" widget that shows details for properties.
e.g. www/mydomain.com/details or www.mydomain.com/details.html - any page name is OK
Make sure you have 2 separate pages.
Make sure you ONLY have the one referenced widget on each page - i.e. do not add more widgets to these pages.
This is NOT a pop-up. It's a fast way to load property details and helps with performance.
You will notice that the Browser Address is also modified to make it appear as if you are on a new page. But this is not actually occurring.
Consequently, it will 'appear' as if the details page exists - but do not be fooled! - the details you are seeing are being displayed on top of the current view.
You must ensure that you have an actual 'property details' page and that it has the 'property details widget' on it.
Now you can add the Search Widget - to display the search form on any page.
The URLs of the RESULTS and PROPERTY-DETAILS foundation web pages MUST MATCH the configuration of the widgets that is set up in your account in your Website Settings (step-3 below).
Step-1: Create Foundation Pages in Your Website
Create or identify the pages you intend to use and make a note of the page URLs.
The page name can be anything you like. However, these URLs must match the Website Settings in your Leads and Contacts account - see step-3.
Ensure that your Details page does not have a 'Parent' page set. The long-tailed URL feature can then be enabled so that property details are displayed on a uniquely formed URL that can be indexed by Google and other search engines.
Set your Details page without a parent - like this:
Individual properties can then be displayed on unique URLs, like this:
Step-2: Add Widget Code to Each Page (2 distinct pages)
When you have the foundation pages identified, add the appropriate widget to the HTML code on this page to display the right function for that page:
1. Search Results Page URL
<div id="MBBv3_ListingResults"></div>Or for WordPress:
2. Property Details Page URL
<div id="MBBv3_SearchDetails"></div>Or for WordPress:
Step-3: Ensure Website Settings match Foundation Page URLs
The two pages you created for Results and Property-Details should now have the appropriate widget code on them.
Now you MUST ensure that these page addresses are correctly set in Website Settings in your Buying Buddy Account. To do this
2. Log in to your Buying Buddy account.
Then click the "Website Settings" link for your website.
On the Website Settings page:
- Make sure you have selected the correct TYPE for your website (WordPress or non-WordPress)
- Scroll down to see Widget Foundation Pages section.
- Make sure that each page address shown matches the actual page you have created and set up in your website.
For example, if your results page is "www.mydomain.com/search-results.html", then type in "search-results.html"
Step-4: Testing - Make sure Widgets Work!
Add the search form to any page to test.
<div id="MBBv3_SearchForm"></div>Or for WordPress:
Once you have completed this step, the Buying Buddy widgets should be fully operational.
You can test this by running a search!
We will ensure the widgets are set to match the addresses of your webpages.
SEO Considerations for your WordPress Buying Buddy Plugin
In addition, the Buying Buddy plugin makes the following changes to only your Property Details page:
- The Title of the Browser will be rewritten to include the Property Address and MLS Number.
- The Title of the Page (<h1> tag) will be rewritten to include the Property Address and MLS Number.
- The Canonical Link that WordPress includes by default will be removed for the Property page to improve search engine indexing.
- If you are using the All in One SEO pack plugin, we will update the Meta Description tag to include the Property Address and MLS Number. We will also disable the Canonical URLs feature for this plugin on just the Property page.
For Display widgets like the Featured Gallery, Featured List, Broker and Property Details widgets, we ensure that search engines can successfully crawl these widgets for property links and information about the property.
Step-5: Add other widgets as required
Once the foundation pages have been setup, they are used by the other Buying Buddy Widgets that you may choose to deploy on other pages in your website.
Other Buying Buddy widgets, such as the Display widgets (Gallery, List, Map) and the Quick Search widget can now be placed on any page.