Squarespace support articles that will help:
Buying Buddy will not function correctly on Squarespace sites where Ajax is enabled. For example, widgets may initially load but then with clicks to other pages with widgets on your site, nothing is being displayed.
Ajax is a special method for site loading which makes content-heavy pages much faster and more nimble. However, it can interfere with link functionality. If your Squarespace template supports Ajax, you may need to disable it in the Design menu to get anchor links and the Buying Buddy widgets to work.
See this article for how to Disable Ajax in Squarespace.
Ajax is currently available in the following Squarespace templates (grouped by family):
- Brine, Aria, Basil, Burke, Cacao, Clay, Ethan, Fairfield, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Lincoln, Maple, Margot, Marta, Mentor, Mercer, Miller, Mojave, Moksha, Motto, Nueva, Polaris, Rally, Rover, Sofia, Sonny, Sonora, Thorne, Wav, West
- Farro, Haute
- Tremont, Camino, Carson, Henson
- York, Artesia, Flores, Harris, Jasper, Jones, Lange, Shibori
2. "Sorry this domain is not authorized"
Your Buying Buddy widgets are authorized to work on your IDX approved domain (and only on this domain).
When you are in Squarespace development area your site may be displayed using a Squarespace subdomain such as
- and so instead of seeing the widgets you will see a message that says
"Sorry this domain is not authorized"
See instructions in the final step-4 below for options if you see this message.
- Login to your Buying Buddy dashboard at leadsandcontacts.com.
Then click the "Plugin Installation" button to view the installation instructions.
- COPY the plugin code.
Step 1b: Add to Your Site
Now login to your Squarespace account
- Go to the SETTINGS section for your website
- In SETTINGS, scroll down the menu until you find and click the "Advanced" menu option.
- In ADVANCED, click the "Code Injection" menu item
Step 2: Add pages and widgets
2a: Create your plan for pages and widgets
You need to create and identify 2 key pages to be in your Buying Buddy account:
- Results Page (with the "Results" widget)
- Property Details Page (with the "Property Details" widget)
Plus, you will also need to add a Search Form widget on any other different page too.
Step 2b: Add Pages to your Squarespace website
Go back to your Squarespace account and create 2 extra pages for your site.
Create two BLANK PAGES, and we suggest you give them appropriate titles, such as "results" and "details".
These pages should NOT be added to your Main Navigation Menu (i.e. they are under the "Not linked" heading)
Step 2c: Insert Buying Buddy Widget Code to Display Widgets
Now go back and EDIT each page where you need to have Buying Buddy widgets, e.g. the Results page that you created.
With Squarespace, you need to edit a page and add a "Content Block" that is for "code".
In the code panel, paste the <DIV> code for the Buying Buddy widget you want to show.
Widgets are available from this page in your Buying Buddy account. https://www.leadsandcontacts.com/widget-settings/widgets
If you have multiple domains make sure that you select the correct domain.
For example - in the image below this is the Results widget.
Once you have SAVED your page, you can view this page and if all steps are successful you should the Buying Buddy widget being displayed on the authorized domain.
Finally, get the Buying Buddy widget code for the Search form and add to any other completely different page in your site.
Step 2d: Configure your Buying Buddy account so that page names match
It's important that the Buying Buddy system knows how to direct your leads (via emails etc) back to these 2 pages to see search results and details of a specific property. So, its important to ensure these page names are set correctly in your Buying Buddy account.
Login to your Buying Buddy account at http://leadsandcontacts.com
Then click the "Website Settings" link for your website. and then scroll down to review the page addresses of the Widget Foundation pages
You will see that they are probably shown as just results and details - in which case you need to change these to say the actual names of the pages you created, for example - these might be results.html and details.html, and in the browser when viewing these pages you will see the full address like this:
NOTE: Use the actual page names for YOUR site - don't assume that they are the same as shown in this example!
See step-3 in this this article on Foundation Pages
"SQL Error" on Details Page
If you see this message then this is because you are attempting to view the Property Details widget on a page on its own without a reference to a property! Ignore this, the widget is installed correctly and this error is never seen.
"Sorry this domain is not authorized"
There are two options for dealing with this:
- Make sure your actual domain name is applied and working - and then view the "live" site in which case widgets will be displayed correctly. You can then choose to ignore this message while in development.
- If you need to do more extensive development then you can request (via Help Desk) to add your Squarespace development subdomain as an extra (free) "authorized" domain on your account.
We call this a 'sandbox' development URL and it would be authorized temporarily while you do development.
Step 3: Doing More
Your Squarespace site editor will allow you to create custom search forms and use all the capabilities of the Buying Buddy widgets.
You can now use Widget Themes to style widgets - or even add custom CSS too if you wish to.
If you need more help please contact us.